- April Sony Computer Entertainment Japan Asia is established
- May "Gran Turismo"(GT) series reach 70 million sales worldwide
- November 80 million "PlayStation 3" systems sold worldwide
- December "PlayStation 4" launches in Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan, South Korea and Malaysia [SRP: Hong Kong HKD3,380/ Singapore SGD 639/ Taiwan New TWD12,980/ South Korea ₩498,000/ Malaysia MYR1,799]
- February “PlayStation 4” launches in Japan [SRP: \41,979 (tax included)/\39, 980 (tax excluded)]
- 4月 Kazuo Miura appointed as Deputy President.
The Open Beta of “PlayStation Now,” a streaming game service that leverages cloud-based technology, launches in North America on “PlayStation 4”
- August 10 million “PlayStation 4” systems sold worldwide
- October “PlayStation TV” launches in North America [SRP: US$99]
- November “PlayStation TV” launches in Europe [SRP: €99]
December 3, the 20th anniversary of the release of the original “PlayStation”
SCE announces that “PlayStation Network” will be positioned as the premium entertainment service brand that encompasses the company’s network service offerings
- March 20.2 million “PlayStation 4” systems sold worldwide
“PlayStation Vue,” a pioneering cloud-based TV service, launches in three North American cities on “PlayStation 4” and “PlayStation 3”
- March “PlayStation 4” [SRP: 2,899 RMB] and “PlayStation Vita” [SRP: 1,299 RMB] launches in the People’s Republic of China
“PlayStation Music,” a new destination that delivers an exclusive music experience, launches in 41 countries and regions on “PlayStation 4” and “PlayStation 3”
- November 30.2 million “PlayStation 4” systems sold worldwide.
- January 35.9 million “PlayStation 4” systems sold worldwide.
Formation of Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC (SIE), a new company that joins the forces of all business units belonging to Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. and Sony Network Entertainment International LLC, including hardware, software, content and network services operations.
- SIE President and Global CEO: Andrew House
- SIE Deputy President: Kazuo Miura
- SIE Deputy President: John (Tsuyoshi) Kodera
- SIE Worldwide Studios Chairman: Shawn Layden
- SIE Worldwide Studios President: Shuhei Yoshida
- April Formation of ForwardWorks Corporation (ForwardWorks), a new company that aims to deploy new services toward the smart device market.
- May 40 million "PlayStation 4" systems sold worldwide.
- Dec 50 million "PlayStation 4" systems sold worldwide.
- Feb 915,000 "PlayStation VR" systems sold worldwide.
- Jun 60.4 million "PlayStation 4" systems sold worldwide.
- Oct President and Group CEO Andrew House appointed as Chairman.
- Oct Vice President John (Tsuyoshi) Kodera appointed as President and CEO
- Dec 70.6 million "PlayStation 4" systems sold worldwide.
- Dec 2 million "PlayStation VR" systems sold worldwide.
- Dec Chairman Andrew House retires.
- Jan 73.6 million "PlayStation 4" systems sold worldwide.
- Jan Jim Ryan, Head of Global Sales and Marketing of SIE LLC and President of Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe (SIEE), has been named, Deputy President and Head of Global Sales & Marketing of SIE LLC and President of SIEE.