Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT TO OFFER
THE PLAYSTATION®MOBILE DEVELOPER PROGRAM IN HONG KONG AND TAIWAN
Tokyo, January 21, 2013–Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCE) today announced that it offers the PlayStation®Mobile Developer Program which includes the official version of PlayStation®Mobile SDK※1 starting today in Hong Kong and Taiwan.
Allowing a wider range of developers to create dedicated content for PlayStation® Mobile, the PlayStation®Mobile Developer Program has been available since November 20, 2012, in Japan, United States, Canada, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and Australia. With the launch in Hong Kong and Taiwan today, where more and more developers are creating entertainment content for multiple mobile devices, SCE will be further focused on delivering the world of entertainment experiences to open operating systems※2 through PlayStation®Mobile.
This program enables developers to distribute easily their content through PlayStation®Store※3 globally※4 on a commercial basis and market their games to millions of dedicated gamers with PlayStation™Certified※5 devices and PlayStation®Vita. The license agreement fee is 800HK$ for Hong Kong and 3000NT$ for Taiwan annually※6.
(Please refer to the special site link for more detailed information)
SCE will further accelerate the expansion of PlayStation™Certified devices and continue to collaborate with content developers to drive the delivery of compelling entertainment experiences through PlayStation®Mobile.
- *1A set of development tools and software libraries for PlayStation®Mobile.
- *2As of January 21, 2013, Android based PS Certified devices and PS Vita.
- *3Users can download vast digital content including games through PS Store for PS3, PSP, PS Vita and PS Certified devices.
- *4As of January 21, PlayStation Mobile content are available in the following countries: Japan, United States, Canada, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and Australia.
- *5The license program to expand PlayStation®Mobile, dedicated for portable hardware manufacturers. SCE will not only license logos but also provide necessary development support. Please kindly refer to the URL for the line-up of PS Certified devices as of today.
- *6The fee differs by countries and regions. After closing the license agreement, developers are able to use PlayStation®Mobile SDK and conduct verification on PS Certified devices and PS Vita to distribute their content on PS Store. PlayStation®Mobile SDK itself is free of charge.
About Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
Recognized as the global leader and company responsible for the progression of consumer-based computer entertainment, Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI) manufactures, distributes, develop and markets the PlayStation®2 (PS2®) computer entertainment system, the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) handheld entertainment system, the PlayStation®3 (PS3®) computer entertainment system and the PlayStation®Vita (PS Vita) portable entertainment system. SCEI has revolutionized home entertainment since they launched PlayStation in 1994. PS2® further enhances the PlayStation legacy as the core of home networked entertainment. PSP® is a handheld entertainment system that allows users to enjoy 3D games with high-quality full-motion video and high-fidelity stereo audio. PS3® is an advanced computer system, incorporating the powerful Cell Broadband Engine and RSX processors. PS Vita is an ultimate portable entertainment system that offers a revolutionary combination of rich gaming and social connectivity within a real world context. SCEI also delivers the PlayStation® experience to open operating systems through PlayStation®Mobile, a cross device platform. Headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, SCEI, along with its affiliated companies, Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC., and Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Ltd., and its division companies, Sony Computer Entertainment Japan and Sony Computer Entertainment Asia develops, publishes, markets and distributes hardware and software, and manages the third party licensing programs for these platforms in the respective markets worldwide.
PlayStation and PS3 are registered trademarks or trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Xperia is a trademark or a registered trademark of Sony Mobile Communications AB. "Sony Tablet" is a trademark of Sony Corporation. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.