The Walt Disney Company
Sony Network Entertainment International LLC.
DISNEY AND ESPN MEDIA NETWORK CHANNELS NOW AVAILABLE ON
PLAYSTATION™VUE; PROMOTIONAL PRICES NOW STARTING AT $39.99
PlayStation™Vue is getting a big addition to its lineup of sports, family, and primetime TV content with the launch of Disney and ESPN Media Networks. Starting today, ESPN, ABC, Disney Channel, and other popular networks from Disney and ESPN Media Networks are available on PlayStation Vue, the pioneering live TV service from Sony Network Entertainment International (SNEI). This marks the first time Disney and ESPN networks are offered over the internet in a multi-channel pay TV service with multiple streams and cloud DVR.
Also starting today, prices for PlayStation Vue’s multi-channel packages have been reduced by $10 for new and existing customers, with packages now starting at just $39.99. The special monthly pricing are as follows:
- Access: Includes 60+ of the most popular cable TV, and sports channels and is available for $39.99
- Core: Increases to 75+ channels with the addition of regional sports networks, national sports channels and movie channels, and is available for $44.99
- Elite: Includes 100+ channels featuring thousands of hours of programming from top movie and lifestyle networks, and is available for $54.99
Existing subscribers will see the special pricing reflected in their next billing cycle and new users will continue to receive a free seven-day trial.
Below is the available channel lineup from Disney and ESPN Media Networks.
- ABC (Access)
- Disney Channel (Access)
- Disney Junior (Access)
- Disney XD (Access)
- Freeform (Access)
- Fusion (Elite)
- ESPN (Access)
- ESPN 2 (Access)
- ESPNU (Core)
- ESPNews (Core)
- SEC Network (Core)
ABC local stations will be added to all multi-channel packages in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia and San Francisco starting today. ABC programming will be added to Dallas and Miami at a later date.
Users can watch content from Disney and ESPN Media Networks using the same unique features offered across the PlayStation Vue service, making TV viewing a more personalized, intuitive, and enjoyable experience.
- Unmatched Viewing Experience – PlayStation Vue makes it easy to watch more and search less with an intuitive interface that seamlessly blends live and on-demand content. It also offers powerful search and discovery tools.
- On Demand Offering – Thousands of hours of top shows and movies are available on-demand. PS Vue also enables users to “catch up” on many popular shows within three days from a show’s first live airing.
- Simultaneous Streams – With a single PlayStation Vue subscription, users can simultaneously stream content across multiple devices, including iPhone®, iPad®, Amazon Fire TV and Chromecast, both in and out of the home.
- Cloud DVR – With an unmatched cloud DVR, users can record hundreds of shows at once and concurrently store thousands of hours of content.
Users will also have access to apps from Disney and ESPN Media Networks simply by logging in with their PlayStation™Network email address and password. Popular apps such as Watch ESPN, ABC Live and Watch Disney Channel will be available for use with their PlayStation Vue subscription at no additional cost.
About PlayStation Vue
PlayStation Vue provides over 100+ of the most popular cable TV channels live and on-demand, an unmatched cloud DVR, and a powerful user interface that delivers unprecedented personalization and simplicity. PlayStation Vue is currently available for users on PlayStation®4 (PS4™) and PlayStation®3 (PS3™), Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick, as well as iPad®, iPhone® and Google Chromecast through the PlayStation Vue mobile app. PlayStation Vue offers viewers a robust multi-channel package of popular networks and channels in the New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, Dallas, San Francisco, and Miami TV markets. Standalone network channels, including SHOWTIME are also available to users via PlayStation Vue’s nationwide a la carte offering. Each package can be purchased with no additional fees or long-term contracts.
For more information, please visit: http://www.psvue.com
“PlayStation” is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. “PS4” and “PS3” is a trademark of the same company. iPad® and iPhone® is a registered trademark of Apple Inc.