Sony Computer Entertainment Asia
Sony Computer Entertainment Asia to announce
“PlayStation® Games & Apps Challenge 2012 in Asia”
“Bring your ideas and make it happen!”
Tokyo, May 22, 2012 – Sony Computer Entertainment Asia (SCE Asia) today announced that it will host the game and application concept challenge, “PlayStation® Games & Apps Challenge 2012 in Asia (The Challenge)”.
The challenge is open to any game fans and developers to participate and share the game and application ideas for future release on the PlayStation® platform. The Challenge provides an opportunity for anyone to get involved and engaged with PlayStation® development.
< PlayStation® Games & Apps Challenge 2012 in Asia >
Categories and Awards
<PS VITA Category>
- Grand Prize (Up to 2 entries） - US$5,000 each
- Special Award (Up to 5 Entries） - US$500 each
- Grand Prize (Up to 4 entries） - US$1,000 each
- The grand prize winners will be invited to the award ceremony on December.
Details will be available on the challenge official website around June of 2012
- Details will be available on the challenge official website around June of 2012
- Entry for the challenge will start around July of 2012
- The official language for the challenge is English
- The challenge official website (http://asia.playstation.com/PS-GAC2012)
- For enquiries about the challenge, please contact (SCEasia-SC-Info@hq.scei.sony.co.jp)
There are two categories to challenge, PlayStation®Suite and PlayStation®Vita. The grand prize winner will have a chance to publish with SCE Asia or the opportunity to get full support on the development environment of the PlayStation® platform.
The Singapore leg of the Challenge is supported by the Media Development Authority (MDA) of Singapore. Winning entries from the Singapore leg of the Challenge will stand a chance to develop their prototype into a playable game at the PlayStation® Incubation Studio Singapore housed within the Games Solution Centre (GSC). The Challenge will be managed by GSC team.
“We are very enthusiastic to hold this special program starting this year and hopefully continue for following years because we believe that “PlayStation® Games & Apps Challenge 2012 in Asia” will bring game fans and developers closer to us and our platform,.” said Tetsuhiko Yasuda, President, SCE Asia. “We definitely would like to find the talents and meet the big future game-producers and developers who make their dreams come true.”
Said Mr. Thomas Lim, Director of Interactive Media, Games & Publishing, MDA, “We are pleased to be a part of the selection panel of the “PlayStation® Games & Apps Challenge 2012 in Asia”. We encourage Singapore developers to participate in this challenge, thereby introducing more new Singapore games to the world through the popular PlayStation® platform.”
- ※“PlayStation” is a registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. “PS3” is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
- ※”” is a registered trademark of Sony Corporation.
About Sony Computer Entertainment Asia (SCE Asia)
Sony Computer Entertainment Asia is a division company of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. responsible for sales and marketing activities of PlayStation® products in Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam.