Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT TO RELEASE “NASNE™”
ON AUGUST 30, 2012
Tokyo, August 7, 2012 – Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCE) today announced that it will launch “nasne™,” a networked recorder and media storage device, on August 30, 2012 at a recommended retail price of 16,800 yen (including tax) in Japan. SCE will also release system software update version 1.50 for “nasne”*1, concurrently with the product launch.
SCE will concurrently release “torne™” version 4.1, a dedicated TV application for PlayStation®3 (PS3®). By installing “torne” version 4.1, users will be able to export a recorded digital satellite television program as well as digital terrestrial television stored on “nasne” to PlayStation®Vita (PS Vita) *2, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) *3 and Walkman®*4 via PS3® *5 to enjoy them on the go across their devices.
Sony Corporation will also simultaneously release “VAIO TV with nasne™” (beta version) *6, a dedicated application for VAIO PC, as well as an updated verion of “RECOPLA” for easily accessing and using “nasne” on “Sony Tablet”*7 . VAIO PC and “Sony Tablet” user will be able to directly access “nasne”, and enjoy watching live and recorded digital terrestrial and satellite broadcasts through these applications.
SCE will continue to aggressively expand the new world of entertainment through the combination of “nasne” and PlayStation platforms as well as various other devices and services.
- *1By installing system software update version 1.50, users will be able to use “nasne” as a media server in addition to as a networked recorder. This will allow users to share and enjoy their private content including videos, pictures, and music, across a variety of DLNA compatible devices connected to their home network.
- *2To export recorded television programs, “uke-torne,” a dedicated application for PS Vita to export recorded television programs to PSP® and PS Vita needs to be installed on PS Vita.
- *3For PSP®, version 4.0 allows users to export recorded television programs. “torne” version 4.1 also allows users to export them to internal flash memory of PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) go.
- *4Including “nav-u,” a portable navigation system. For Walkman® and “nav-u,” please purchase additional content through “torneya” to support them. For more details, please refer to the official “torne” webite at torne.jp. No need to install for users who have already purchased.
- *5Users will be able to export files via “torne” on PS3 connected to “nasne” within the same home network.
- *6“VAIO TV with nasne” beta version will become available at the release timing, and no support will be available.
- *7For “Sony Tablet”, “RECOPLA” provided by Sony Corporation will need to be installed on the device. “RECOPLA” will become available through “Select App” site on “Sony Tablet” or Google Play Store for free download. “Sony Tablet” system software as well as “Media players” supporting “RECOPLA” will need to be updated.
|Release date||August 30, 2012|
|Recommended retail price (RRP)||16,980 yen (including tax)|
|External dimension||Approx. 43 × 189 × 136 mm (width × length ×height)|
|RF tuners||Terrestrial: ISTB-T × 1
Satellite: ISDB-S × 1
|Channels||Terrestrial: VHF 1-12ch, UHF 13-62ch, CATV C13-C63ch
Satellite: BS/CS110°digital (1032-2071MHz)
|Internal HDD||SATA 2.5 inch (Capacity:500GB)|
|Inputs/Outputs||LAN port (100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T)
ANTENNA IN connector
ANTENNA OUT connector
EXT HDD connector (USB 2.0, Type A)
B-CAS card slot
IP RESET button
IP status indicator
HDD access indicator
|Power||AC 100V, DC 12V.1.5A|
|Power consumption||Recording and streaming two videos: 9.5W
ECO mode in stand-by: 1.5W
|Network Recorder features||DTCP-IP support
Live streaming / recorded content streaming of digital terrestrial / satellite television program (for home and mobile devices)
2 recording mode (DR and SLP) support
Registration as remote PVR device to be accessed through the internet
Trick play / scene search support
|Media Storage Device features||Media server features
|Other features||“nasne HOME” web browser application
Support an external hard drive
ECO mode (Stand-by after 10 minutes without an access)
Support “nasne” system software update
|Included||“nasne” × 1
AC adaptor × 1
Power cable × 1
LAN cable × 1
RF coaxial cable × 1
B-CAS card × 1
Digital terrestrial broadcasting watching/recorder application for PS3® (Blu-ray™ Disc) × 1
Quick start guide × 1
About Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
Recognized as the global leader and company responsible for the progression of consumer-based computer entertainment, Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI) manufactures, distributes, develop and markets the PlayStation®2 (PS2®) computer entertainment system, the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) handheld entertainment system, the PlayStation®3 (PS3®) computer entertainment system and the PlayStation®Vita (PS Vita) portable entertainment system. SCEI has revolutionized home entertainment since they launched PlayStation in 1994. PS2® further enhances the PlayStation legacy as the core of home networked entertainment. PSP® is a handheld entertainment system that allows users to enjoy 3D games with high-quality full-motion video and high-fidelity stereo audio. PS3® is an advanced computer system, incorporating the powerful Cell Broadband Engine and RSX processors. PS Vita is an ultimate portable entertainment system that offers a revolutionary combination of rich gaming and social connectivity within a real world context. SCEI also delivers the PlayStation® experience to open operating systems through PlayStation®Mobile, a cross device platform. Headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, SCEI, along with its affiliated companies, Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC., and Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Ltd., and its division companies, Sony Computer Entertainment Japan and Sony Computer Entertainment Asia develops, publishes, markets and distributes hardware and software, and manages the third party licensing programs for these platforms in the respective markets worldwide.
“PlayStation” and “PS3” are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
“nasne” and “torne” is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
VAIO and “Sony Tablet” are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Sony Corporation.
WALKMAN is a registered trademark of Sony Corporation.
All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.