Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC
PLAYSTATION®4 PRICE REDUCED TO $349.99 IN THE U.S. New Price Will Drive Momentum for the World’s #1 Selling Console
Leading into the Holiday Season
SAN MATEO, Calif. – October 8, 2015 – Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC (SCEA) today announced that the PlayStation®4 (PS4™) system, which is currently available for $399.99 USD (MSRP), will be available in the U.S. starting at $349.99 USD (MSRP) on October 9. In Canada, the price of the PS4 system also will be reduced from $449.99 CAD to $429.99 CAD (MSRP).
“Our goal at PlayStation has always been to offer the best place to play at a compelling value to gamers,” said Shawn Layden, president and CEO of SCEA. “We’re continuing to deliver on that commitment with this new price for PS4, making the console even more accessible to a broader audience this holiday. With highly anticipated games like Call of Duty®: Black Ops III and Star Wars™ Battlefront™ launching soon and blockbuster exclusives like UNCHARTED 4: A Thief’s End on the horizon, there has never been a better time to join the PS4 community.”
The following outlines the new prices for the current PS4 lineup, including the limited-edition and standard-edition bundles that feature some of the biggest games coming to PS4 this holiday season:
- UNCHARTED™: The Nathan Drake Collection PS4 Bundle (500GB HDD) – $349.99 USD / $429.99 CAD (MSRP); October 9, 2015
- Limited Edition Call of Duty®: Black Ops III PS4 Bundle (1TB HDD) – $429.99 USD / $499.99 CAD (MSRP); November 6, 2015
- Limited Edition Disney Infinity 3.0: Star Wars™ PS4 Bundle (500GB HDD) – $399.99 USD / $469.99 CAD (MSRP); November 13, 2015
- Limited Edition Star Wars™ Battlefront™ PS4 Bundle (500GB HDD) – $399.99 USD / $469.99 CAD (MSRP); November 17, 2015
- Star Wars™ Battlefront™ PS4 Bundle (500GB HDD) – $349.99 USD / $429.99 CAD (MSRP); November 17, 2015
- NHL 16 PS4 Bundle (500GB HDD) - $429.99 CAD (MSRP); Available now in Canada only
About Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC
Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC (SCEA) has revolutionized home entertainment since the first PlayStation® console launched in 1995 in the United States, followed by the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system launch in 2000, and the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) handheld entertainment system in 2005. SCEA continued to redefine the entertainment lifestyle with the PlayStation®3 (PS3™) computer entertainment system, PlayStation®Network, PlayStation®Vita (PS Vita) handheld entertainment system, and the PlayStation®4 (PS4™) computer entertainment system. Recognized as an undisputed industry leader, SCEA markets the PlayStation family of products and develops, publishes, markets and distributes software for PS3, PS Vita, and PS4 systems in North and South America. Based in San Mateo, California, SCEA serves as headquarters for all North and South American operations.
“PlayStation” and “DUALSHOCK” are registered trademarks and “PS4” is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. The Sony Computer Entertainment logo is a registered trademark and "SONY" is a trademark of Sony Corporation. All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners.