Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. (hereafter called SIE Inc) runs the global business operations for PlayStation®, which is familiar in the world.
SIE Inc has qualified ISO14001 certification, an environmental management system standard in May, 2000, and all of employees in SIE Inc positively engaged in environmental preservation activities.
Furthermore, SIE Inc is actively involved in energy saving, resource saving and appropriate use of chemical substances, etc. in designing and developing our products.
* Sony and the Environment: http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/csr/SonyEnvironment/
Sony Interactive Entertainment continues to work towards becoming a “greener” company through all its corporate activities for the preservation of the earth’s environment, and for the development of interactive entertainment.
Statement of principles
- 1.We encourage environmental activities that are appropriate to our business, products, services, scale, and environmental impacts.
- 2.We promote prevention of pollution and continual improvement of our environmental management system.
- 3.We endeavor to comply with relevant environmental legislation and other requirements, and aim to improve our management in respect of our environmental obligations.
- 4.To promote environmental preservation activities, we maintain an environmental management organization accessible to all divisions and employees
- 5.We are committed to achieving the following important environmental management assignments:
- (1)To assure product environmental compliance we aim to promote product design that complies with each country’s latest environmental regulations
- (2)To minimize the environmental impact of our products we aim to assess product environmental impacts in research, development, and design, and promote both product design and product recycling technologies with reduced environmental impacts.
- 6.We promote activities that contribute to environmental improvement as part of each division’s regular business.
- 7.We aim to improve and maintain our environmental management system through scheduled environmental auditing.
- 8.To promote environmental management within the whole company, we establish and periodically review environmental objectives, targets, and programs.
- 9.We will disclose environmental information on environmental technology, material use, product development, and the status of environmental management in a form accessible to the public.
This environmental policy is to be communicated to all employees and will be used for communication externally.
President Andrew House
1st August 2012